Looking for CBD Merchant Account to Accept Credit Cards?
Bankcard International Group (B.I.G.) proudly supports the Hemp industry.
We provide compliant businesses domestic CBD merchant accounts to accept credit cards.
We understand the frustration that you have endured. We also know that the CBD industry is not for the faint of heart. We are here to provide you with the information that you need to make an educated decision on the best payment provider for your CBD Business.
B.I.G. is comprised of a team who has been involved in banking and payments for the Hemp and Cannabis industries since 2006. Our passion for the sustainable growth of those industries has fueled our ethical approach of providing stable and transparent payment solutions. We believe this is the only path for fair access to the banking and financial services that are needed to move the CBD industry forward.
Our domestic acquiring bank and processor have worked together with the card brands to create compliant, transparent, and secure CBD credit card processing. Some of the great features we offer through our merchant accounts for CBD Businesses include:
- NO Set Up Fees
- NO Reserve
- 100% Domestic CBD Merchant Accounts - registered with the card brands
- CBD Payment Processing on most popular website platforms (ie Shopify, WooCommerce, and more)
- Guaranteed competitive rates
- Our signature Best in Class domestic service
- MLM and B2B CBD businesses welcome
- Free Secure Gateway
Request your CBD merchant account now. To get started simply click below and we will get you everything you need to get started right away! We look forward to the opportunity to work with your CBD Business for many years to come!
Was your CBD Merchant Account shut down?
Having your CBD credit card processing merchant account shut down is frustrating. It can even can push many businesses to the brink of going out of business. The time and effort put into trying to get held funds released, avoid bounced payments, and pay employees is enough. Let alone having to wade through a myriad of deceptive merchant account offers so that you can get back on track.
We have great news for you - BIG is here to help you with a consultative approach, transparent communication, and stable payment solutions that work to help your business succeed. Even if you have had your CBD merchant account shut down, we can help to get your business back on its feet with money flowing into your account. CBD merchants that have been put on the MATCH list, for selling CBD, can even get approved quickly.
What to expect when applying for a CBD Merchant Account
Due to the enhanced diligence required to maintain a compliant CBD payment processing solution that offers stability and great rates, be prepared to provide a little extra paperwork. Following is a list of the minimum required documentation and website standards:
- Our simple application completed and physically signed
- Copy of all owners Drivers License or Government Issued Photo ID (any owner with greater than 20% interest)
- Document showing Proof of Company Registration (Sole Proprietorship, LLC, ETC)
- Voided Check or Bank Letter
- 3 Months Bank Statements
- 3 Months Processing Statements (if available)
- EIN Letter otherwise known as an SS4 Letter issued by the IRS
- Articles of Incorporation
- Fulfillment Agreement (if applicable)
- State issued Business license, Reseller License, or Tax License
- Comprehensive Lab Results or Certificate of Analysis for products sold on website
- Website Requirements:
- There may be NO Implied or Explicit claims as to the benefits of CBD
- URL/Website must have THC of .3% or less disclosure on all products
- FDA Disclosure Must be present
- Website must have legal company name and address clearly listed
- Terms & conditions page
- Privacy disclosure page
- Refund/return policy and shipping policies must be clearly navigable
- contact page with customer service number and card brand logos on the checkout page
Wondering why a CBD merchant account is difficult to get?
In a Nutshell
Accepting credit card payments for CBD just seems to get more and more difficult every month! If you own a CBD business, we likely do not need to educate you on the great step forward the 2018 Farm Bill seemed to be, however, you may not understand why accepting credit cards is so difficult for CBD businesses.
To make a long story short, the reality of the Farm Bill is that it handed oversight regarding the legality of consumable CBD products and supplements over to the FDA. The FDA's rulings are to be enforced by the Department of Justice. This means that when it comes to banking and accepting credit cards for CBD, banks and processors can be held liable for facilitating the sale of products that do not meet the federal guidelines (which don’t really exist at this time outside of THC content). To learn more about the FDA’s stance on CBD simply visit their website here: https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/compliance-actions-and-activities/warning-letters and type CBD into the search line. This, of course, has caused a lot of turmoil for legitimate CBD businesses looking to accept payments for CBD products while banks try to mitigate risk.
Why B.I.G. for your CBD Merchant Account?
Your Trusted Resource
Not all high risk merchant account providers understand the unique needs and hurdles that CBD businesses face in today’s complex marketplace. The BIG team has been working with the cannabis and hemp industries since 2006 providing financial, compliance, and technology solutions to help those businesses attain fair access to compliant financial services. Our focus has always been on providing transparent and stable solutions. Solutions that help the industry achieve sustainable growth and help your business succeed. We look way beyond trying to make a “quick buck” like a lot of high risk processors. We recognize that without your success we don’t succeed, and, look to earn your business for the life of your business.
Come experience the B.I.G. Difference today!